The Tikkun Leil Shavuot all night learning festival includes sessions on Torah and Talmud study, philosophy, Jewish cultural studies, meditation, singing, storytelling and more. This event is free, open to all, and attracts 700 participants, and will take place the evening of May 19th.
Reporting to the Coordinator of Tikkun Leil Shavuot, the Food and Volunteer Coordinator will focus on organizing food donations/purchases and the requirement/supervision of volunteers. Hours will increase as the event draws nearer.
85 hour Contract: Spring 2018
70 hours in May 2018; 15 hours prep March-April
Reports to Coordinator, Tikkun Leil Shavuot
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. It provides opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, learn, connect and participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded on this site in 1953 the MNjcc is home to a 3800 member state of the art Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program. It is a founding member of the Bloor Street Cultural Corridor, and the lead organizer of the annual Annex Family Festival.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate food donations
• Place orders with vendors
• Shop for additional food items
• Recruit and schedule volunteers
• Present at volunteer training
• Be present at the event to supervise volunteers
• Other administrative duties as required
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven organization skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to manage volunteers
• Ability to work under pressure
• Successful candidate must be able to carry 20 lbs.
• Driver’s license and access to a vehicle an asset.
• Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada.
• $1275.00 for the 85 hour contract, paid in intervals through the contract.
How to apply:
• Applications will be accepted until January 31st.
• Please note: only candidates moving to the next stage of the selection process will be contacted by us.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The MNjcc is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of JCC culture.