To further the mission of the Miles Nadal JCC, the Development Coordinator, Annual Giving plays a vital role in building a strong culture of philanthropy by helping to lead and grow annual giving programs including campaign coordination, donor communication and special events. They will strengthen and foster donor relations with a focus on identifying and stewarding individuals with potential to contribute to the MNjcc achieving its fundraising goals. Reporting to the Director of Development, this multifaceted position is a great opportunity for a dynamic, organized individual who enjoys an active learning environment in a growing team-oriented organization. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual who is looking to apply and expand their sills to further develop their career in fundraising.
Reports to the Director of Development
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. It provides opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, to learn, to connect and to participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded in 1953 the MNjcc is home to a 3600 member state of the art Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program. We are committed to removing barriers and being accessible to all who come through our doors including those who are Deaf or experience disabilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Annual Giving - Implement the execution of annual giving campaigns, including two annual multi-channel campaigns, monthly renewals and other special appeals as needed, and report on results.
• Stewardship - Develop and manage the gift acknowledgement and tax receipting process and other donor correspondence including administrative assistance to the Director of Development.
• Events Management - Coordinate the planning, promotion and logistics of an annual fundraising event and other stewardship/cultivation events as needed.
• Communications - Collaborate with the Marketing team on content as needed to ensure timely and relevant donor-centered communications, such as compelling fundraising materials, a quarterly donor e-newsletter, and website and social media updates.
• Other Duties - Assist with the coordination and management of additional fundraising activities, as assigned by supervisor.
• Project Management ‐ Accomplishes a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, and identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies and solve problems in the workplace.
• Teamwork ‐ Works positively and productively to achieve group goals within a team setting by readily engaging others while being aware of the perspectives of each individual member.
• Flexibility ‐ Balances the needs and interests of various stakeholders and is responsive in adjusting plans and priorities based on current situation and needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent with a minimum of two years full-time relevant experience in fundraising/development or related field.
• Proven track record of initiating and executing multi-channel fundraising appeals, including direct mail, with a focus on monitoring results and adapting for greater response.
• Ability to manage regular and timely communications and reports to donors, including gift acknowledgments.
• Experience coordinating events in collaboration with other staff, volunteers and external vendors.
• A self-starter, who is team-oriented with a positive, “can-do” attitude, has a willingness to learn, strong sense of personal initiative and ownership of projects.
• Works effectively with a diverse population of staff, volunteers, donors and external contacts to build and maintain successful relationships.
• Extremely well-organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and set and meet deadlines.
• Possesses a professional demeanor with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated passion for working in the charitable sector.
• Knowledge of donor management or CRM databases, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Salary and Benefits:
• The Development Coordinator, Annual Giving is a 32 hrs/week contract position.
• Salary range commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
• Please note that only candidates moving to the next stage of the selection process will be contacted.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation: