The Recreation and Leisure Coordinator is a full-time position, responsible for leading a team of over 20 part-time staff in running more than 25 weekly athletic and active children’s programs and classes, growing the scope of the department, and meeting the evolving needs of our client. To be considered for this role, a commitment to core values including integrity, respect, service and teamwork are essential.
Health Systems Group www.healthsystemsgroup.com, a national provider of professional consulting and management services in fitness, recreation and wellness, has an opening for Recreation and Leisure Coordinator at the Miles Nadal JCC in Toronto, Ontario. The Miles Nadal JCC, managed by HSG, includes a full size gymnasium, fitness centre, aquatics centre and more than 90 group exercise classes per week.
Applicants who meet the following criteria and can demonstrate their skill and ability in the following areas should apply:
• A minimum of 2 years of management and supervisory experience in an athletic and/or recreation setting
• Experience with children’s programming
• Budget management, strategic and program planning skills
• Self-driven with the ability to work independently
• Focus on including typically underrepresented groups in athletics
• Experience in planning special events
• A proven track record of delivering exceptional Customer Service
• Excellent communication skills; including solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Strong leadership, employee development and conflict resolution skills
• Required to work Sunday to Thursday; hours are primarily afternoons and early evenings
• Degree in Fitness and/or Recreation an asset
Roles and Responsibilities:
1) Athletic & Specialty Fitness Programming and Administration
Develop and manage athletic programs and activities that will offer the members and community the highest quality of fitness and athletic opportunities while achieving the organizational objectives.
2) Ongoing customer service
Provide exceptional customer service to all members and guests.
3) Gymnasium Management
To provide quality management of the activities in the gymnasium as well as the maintenance, up keep, schedule and rentals.
4) Staff Supervision
Hire, train, supervise, evaluate and schedule the athletic program staff. Provide direction and assist athletic program staff in fulfilling their roles and responsibilities.
5) Special Event Planning
Assist and work with various departments in organizing and implementing special events in the building including, but not limited to: Family Day, Play at the J, and Annex Festival on Bloor.
• Work with other departments and partners of the Miles Nadal JCC to successfully write, apply for, and implement various grant opportunities