Starts April 2017 - Reports to Executive Director
As Marketing Director you will be working with leaders in fitness, seniors, cultural arts, children’s, and theatre programming to develop an Annual Marketing and Promotion Plan, then implement it with a department of four. This role will challenge you to create a branding strategy to link together the diverse offerings at the MNjcc, as well as identifying new markets for our programs. You will work closely with our Executive Director, the General Manager of Fitness, the Director of Early Childhood Education, and the Director of Programming to identify and maximize opportunities for cross-marketing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will lead and manage the day-to-day operations of the Marketing department. Directing, monitoring, and evaluating the activities and performance of your department staff including a Marketing & Digital Content Manager, a Marketing Assistant, a Senior Graphic Designer and part-time Graphic Designer.
- You will build and promote the MNjcc brand through your outstanding communication skills, developing relationships as a connector.
- Participating in Senior Management, Publications Committee, and Programming Visioning meetings as appropriate.
- Managing the Centre’s Marketing budgets.
- Using a "Listen First" approach to determine programmers' needs, you will offer marketing solutions to foster continued or enhanced member and community engagement.
- Actively develop and maintain professional relationships with the MNjcc’s various programmers through consistent informal engagement.
- Play a vital role in the development and successful implementation of innovative marketing/advertising campaigns to raise awareness of the MNjcc’s activities.
- You will oversee the production of major marketing vehicles and publications: MNjcc website and Google AdWords, MNjcc Program Guide (biannual), “The Insider” – a bi-weekly MNjcc Member e-newsletter, Who We Are – Sponsorship piece listing donors, MNjcc social media
- Proficiency in writing marketing copy
- Schedule marketing collateral to promote priority revenue-generating events.
- Conduct market research to confirm marketplace needs and prime targets.
- Coordinate public relations campaigns and promotion opportunities with external PR consultants.
- Ensure all staff are aware of major sales campaigns.
- Develop and motivate your team to achieve common goals. Encouraging individuals to develop strengths and supporting opportunities to foster professional growth. Use your personal experience and knowledge to provide feedback to improve individual and team performance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be an energetic, driven individual with a minimum of 5 years' demonstrated experience (three years in a supervisory position) in marketing.
- Non-Profit and Agency experience is an asset.
- College/University certificate/diploma.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills required.
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and creative.
- Able to work with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of, and respect for, the mission of the Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre.
- Accuracy and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to manage your time to complete multiple tasks with critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain highest degree of confidentiality.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with social media marketing vehicles.
- Must be able to travel locally to attend meetings.
Salary and Benefits:
- Full Medical and Dental plan.
- Flexibility in scheduling.
- Generous Sick Day and Vacation policies.
- Membership in the MNjcc Fitness Centre.
- RRSP Matching program.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
- Please mention in your email or cover letter where you saw the posting.
- We thank everyone for applying, but only those chosen to move on in the selection process will be contacted by us.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The MNjcc is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of JCC culture.