The Development & Administration Assistant plays an important role by providing support to both the Development Department and the Finance & HR Department. The position will further the mission of the MNjcc by participating in fundraising activities including gift processing, donor acknowledgement and direct mail. They will also coordinate office receptionist duties, including filing, data entry and other admin tasks. Reporting to the CFO and the Director of Development, this multifaceted position is a great opportunity for a dynamic, organized individual who enjoys an active learning environment in a team-oriented organization.
Reports to the Director of Development & Chief Financial Officer
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. It provides opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, to learn, to connect and to participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded in 1953, the MNjcc is home to a 3600-member state of the art Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program. We are committed to removing barriers and being accessible to all who come through our doors including those who are Deaf or experience disabilities.
Development Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the implementation of annual giving campaigns, including two annual direct mail campaigns, monthly renewal notices and other special appeals as needed.
• Responsible for donation processing and the gift acknowledgement and tax receipting process, as well as other donor correspondence.
• Help with logistics of an annual fundraising event and other stewardship/cultivation events as needed.
• Support the Director of Development with coordinating additional fundraising activities as needed.
Finance & HR Admin Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administrative office receptionist
• Responsible for all filing in HR, Finance and Development departments
• Support HR processes, including criminal background checks, managing benefit forms and job postings.
• Assist in booking staff travel arrangements
• Booking and coordinating meetings for the Chief Financial Officer & Director of Development, including taking minutes and preparing materials
• Data entry and office supply ordering
• Other administrative tasks as required
• Project Management, Team Work and Flexibility.
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent with a minimum of two years full-time relevant experience.
• Ability to manage regular and timely communications.
• A self-starter, who is team-oriented with a positive, “can-do” attitude, has a willingness to learn, strong sense of personal initiative and ownership of projects.
• Works effectively with a diverse population of staff, volunteers, donors and external contacts to build and maintain successful relationships.
• Extremely well-organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and set and meet deadlines.
• Possesses a professional demeanor with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated passion for working in the charitable sector.
• Knowledge of donor management or CRM databases, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package.
How to apply:
• Please note that only candidates moving to the next stage of the selection process will be contacted.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation: