Planning and execution of activities indoors and outdoors. Supervise children and ensure their safety. Camp dates and times are Monday- Friday from April 25-29; 8 hours/day.
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. It provides opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, learn, connect and participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded on this site in 1953 the MNjcc is home to a 3800 member state of the art Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program. It is a founding member of the Bloor Street Cultural Corridor, and the lead organizer of the annual Annex Festival on Bloor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and implement age appropriate programming, taking into account varying levels and abilities of the children in the program.
• Supervise and organize children.
• Additional administrative tasks, organizational tasks, providing assistance to the Manager of Camps and other duties as assigned.
• To participate in staff meetings, program committees and other agency committees related to the department. To represent the agency when delegated on inter-agency, community or special projects committees.
• To serve as a key member of the MNjcc team and as such to undertake such tasks as may be deemed appropriate by the Manager of Camps.
• Swimming with the children daily. ·Addressing parental concerns and coordinating discussions with multiple levels of staff in the agency to address new or ongoing issues. ·Approach members and families in a friendly manner where they feel welcome.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Requires full-time student status, a university or college degree or is enrolled in a program to work with children.
• Staff must also have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with children.
• Must have a valid First Aid Certification
• Must have an up to date Immunization record (i.e. Tetanus Vaccine and TB Screening)
• Must have a police reference check
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Able to work well with children
• Must have an outgoing personality
Salary and Benefits:
We appreciate your applications, but only those chosen to move on in the selection process will be contacted by us.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
Job Type: Contract