Primary responsibilities: engaging children and implementing a stimulating program for the children and open communication with parents.
Adventure Camp age 5-7: Monday- Friday from June 25- August 17; 8 hours/day.
Mini Me Camp age 3-4: Monday- Friday from June 25- August 17; 8 hours/day.
Will need to be available for pre-camp training starting June 11; 8 hours/day.
Starts June 11, 2018-Reports to Manager of Camps
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. It provides opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, learn, connect and participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded on this site in 1953 the MNjcc is home to a 3800 member state of the art Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program. It is a founding member of the Bloor Street Cultural Corridor, and the lead organizer of the annual Annex Festival on Bloor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and organize children in attendance during indoor activities, field trips, outdoor play and gym times.
• Maintain a clean and safe environment for children at all times
• Additional administrative tasks, organizational tasks, providing assistance to the Manager of Camps and other duties as assigned.
• To participate in staff meetings, program committees and other agency committees related to the department.
• Swimming with the children daily.
• Addressing parental concerns and coordinating discussions with multiple levels of staff within the agency to address new or ongoing issues.
• Getting to know each child individually to instill confidence, encourage creativity and cognitive skills, master social skills
• Approach members and families in a friendly manner so they feel welcome.
• Staff will adhere to the “Privacy Act” and not relay any personal information of families to others.
• Assist the children with nap/rest time routines
• Assist the children with lunch and snack routines
• Assist the children with the bathroom if needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Requires full-time student status, a university or college degree or is enrolled in a program to work with children.
• Staff must also have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children.
• Must have a valid First Aid/CPR Certification
• Must have a police reference check ·Ability to work as part of a team
• Up to date immunization record (tetanus, TB Screening)
• Must have an outgoing personality and work well with children
• Able to communicate easily with parents
Salary and Benefits:
We appreciate your applications, but only those chosen to move on in the selection process will be contacted by us.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
Job Type: Temporary