The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is seeking an experienced RECE for its summer camp for children aged 3-4 years old. Be a part of this dynamic camp where you will have the opportunity to grow with the children. Primary responsibilities include observing children and implementing a stimulating program for the children and open communication with parents. Camp dates and times are Monday- Friday from June 25- August 17; 8 hours/day. Staff will have to attend pre-camp training starting on June 4th.
Summer Contract - Starts June 4, 2018 - Reports to Manager of Camps
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. It provides opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, learn, connect and participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded on this site in 1953 the MNjcc is home to a 3800 member state of the art Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program. It is a founding member of the Bloor Street Cultural Corridor, and the lead organizer of the annual Annex Festival on Bloor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and implement age appropriate programming, taking into account varying levels and abilities of the children in the program.
• Supervise and organize children in attendance during indoor activities, field trips, outdoor play and gym times.
• Maintain a clean and safe environment for children at all times
• Additional administrative tasks, organizational tasks, providing assistance to the Manager of Camps and other duties as assigned.
• To participate in staff meetings, program committees and other agency committees related to the department.
• Swimming with the children daily.
• Addressing parental concerns and coordinating discussions with multiple levels of staff in the agency to address new or ongoing issues.
• Getting to know each child individually to instill confidence, encourage creativity and cognitive skills, master social skills.
• Approach members and families in a friendly manner where they feel welcome.
• Assist the children with the bathroom is needed.
• Staff will adhere to the “Privacy Act” and not relay any personal information of families to others.
• Assist the children with nap/rest time routines and with lunch and snack routines
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Current RECE
• Valid First Aid/CPR Certification
• Clear vulnerable sector screening ·
• Must have an up to date immunization record (i.e Tetanus vaccine, TB Screening)
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Able to communicate easily with parents
• Must have an outgoing personality and work well with children
• Full-time student status is preferred, a university or college degree or is enrolled in a program to work with children.
• Staff must also have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children.
• Must commit to all weeks of summer camp
Salary and Benefits:
While we appreciate all applications, only those who are chosen to move on in the selection process will be contacted.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The Miles Nadal JCC attempts to be an accessible organization. Should you need an alternate format for this information, or have questions regarding on the job accommodations, please contact David Fielder at: (416) 924-6211 x404; davidf @mnjcc.org; or in person by appointment.