The MNjcc is an accessible facility, with wheelchair access to programming and meeting rooms, the Phil Granovsky Fitness Centre, the Freddie Shore Aquatic Centre and the Al Green Theatre. This is due, in part, to a grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation. All washroom areas also have designated accessible facilities.
All staff have undergone AODA training in compliance with Government of Ontario regulations.
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre will make every reasonable effort to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity by:
- Ensuring that all customers receive the same value and quality
- Making allowances to customers with special needs; enabling them to manage tasks more easily and at their own pace when accessing goods and services as long as this does not present a safety risk to themselves or to others
- Using alternative methods when possible to ensure that customers with disabilities have access to the same services, in the same place and in a similar manner
- Taking into account individual needs when providing goods and services
- Communicating in a manner that takes into account the customer’s need.
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre shall provide customers with the opportunity to provide feedback on the service provided to customers with disabilities. Feedback forms along with alternate methods of providing feedback such as verbally (in person or by telephone) or written (hand written, delivered, website or email), will be available upon request.