Thursdays, January 11 - March 8, 2018
(Ages 3-5) 4:00 - 4:45 pm
Using games that involve no elimination or line-ups, CATCH ensures children have fun while developing gross motor and manipulation skills.
$136 Members / $170 General
3% CIF plus HST charges may apply
Competition, in fact, is considered developmentally inappropriate for preschoolers, as they have not yet achieved the cognitive or social/emotional development necessary to understand or handle competition. CATCH includes no competitive activities and is always non-threatening and fun! Using hula hoops, beanbags, scarves, lillypads and many more colourful items, children take part in a huge variety of games that involve no elimination or line-ups.
Key Objectives of CATCH:
- CATCH physical activity is fun & enjoyable.
- Provides children with at least 30 minutes of physical activity daily.
- Involvement in Moderate-To-Vigorous-Physical-Activity for 50% of physical activity time.
- Children are provided with many opportunities to participate and practice skills.
- Encourages children to participate in a variety of physical activities in school, after school, and with family & friends.