The Miles Nadal JCC Camp provides a fun-filled summer camp experience for campers ages 3-10.
Be that volunteer who makes a difference. Share some laughs, learn new skills and create lasting friendships and memories.
Features of the MNJCC volunteer experience:
- A fun and energetic working environment.
- An opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life.
- Great opportunities to give back to the community you live in.
- Make new friends.
What are the requirements for becoming a camp volunteer?
- Meet the minimum age requirement of 14.
- Provide a satisfactory criminal record check if you are over the age of 18
- Provide two satisfactory references. These references cannot be from a family member.
- Respect the confidential nature of our services and sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Comfortable with the Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre’s core values, policies and procedures.
- Able to commit to for full one week sessions.
- Assist staff in supervising and organizing children.
- Ensure the safety and security of the child.
- Additional administrative tasks, organizational tasks, providing assistance to the Manager of Camps and other duties as assigned.
- Serve as a key member of the MNJCC team and as such to undertake such tasks as may be deemed appropriate by the Manager of Camps.
- Swim with the children daily.
- Approach members and families in a friendly manner to ensure that they feel welcome.
Thinking about applying?
1. See if being a camp volunteer is right for you by evaluating using our Camp Volunteer Checklist
3. Participates in a one-to-one interview with the Manager of Camps and fill out the application to get started with the assessment and matching process
Camp Volunteer Checklist
Interested in volunteering at Miles Nadal JCC Camp? To help you make your decision, evaluate yourself against the following characteristics of a successful camp volunteer:
- I enjoy spending time with children aged 3-10
- I have the desire to build a friendship with a child
- I have time, and am willing to commit to the full camp session
- I am reliable
- I am caring and compassionate
- I can be energetic
- I am a good listener
- I respect the values and beliefs of others, even if they are very different from my own
- I am comfortable with the idea of communicating openly with the Manager of Camps and the general staff
- I work well in a team
- I have strong interpersonal communication skills
- I have strong problem solving skills
- I am able to set realistic expectations and adaptable
- I enjoy some or many of the activities that children enjoy
- I enjoy swimming
- I take my own safety and the safety of others seriously
- I am comfortable with assuming responsibility for the safety and security of the child during outings
Not everyone will answer 'yes' to all of the characteristics mentioned above, but if you answered 'no' to many of them, it may be worth re-considering whether camp is something for you. Or, get in touch the Manager of Camps to get more information before making your decision.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for our MNjcc camps!